Metro Denver EDC releases annual competitiveness report
How does Colorado stack up against the rest of the nation? The report includes among Colorado's strengths the following:
* State's GDP per employee ranks in the top 15.
* Per capita personal income ranks 14th.
* The state ranks 6th best for economic outlook.
* Colorado ranks 4th for "NASA Prime Contract Awards."
* Colorado continues to post robust population growth rate - ranking as the 4th-fastest growing state in the country in 2009 and 2010.
* The state maintains high rankings for 4th grade reading proficiency and continues to rank 1st for highest ACT and SAT scores.
* Colorado has the nation's lowest rate of obesity.